- Dime Magazine: “The Orlando domination started with Dwight Howard’s Kraken act in the paint. The Centaur cruised his way to a light 17 points, 20 boards and five blocks (including one where he just snatched a J.J. Barea shot out of the air), showing some nice moves and carrying himself with a little bit of an edge. For example, in the final minute of the first half, Dwight almost decapitated Jason Terry on a ball screen. About 30 game seconds later, as the final seconds of the half were ticking down, Terry tried to launch a shot from just inside half court. Dwight rudely swatted it away and stomped off to his halftime interview.”
- Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel thinks it would be a mistake for general manager Otis Smith to pursue Tracy McGrady in free agency during the off-season.
- Ian Thomsen of Sports Illustrated lists Matt Barnes ($1.6 million) as a member of the All-Judicious Team, which recognizes players that have helped their teams at a bargain price.
- Add Holly MacKenzie of SLAM ONLINE to the list of people that were impressed by one of Howard’s blocks last night against the Mavericks: “The Dwight ‘block’ of J.J. Barea was phenomenal. He just grabbed the ball in the air, as though it was a pass attempt from Barea to him and then went the other way.”
- When ESPN writers were asked: “Other than the Lakers and Cavaliers, what two other teams do you see as most capable of reaching the NBA Finals and why?” … the Magic were a unanimous choice.