It’s time for Blue and White Ignite as the 2011 NBA playoffs tip off this weekend. There are many opportunities for fans and the community to show their spirit as the Magic’s sixth man by wearing Blue and White to ignite the team on all game days during the 2011 playoffs. Some highlights of the fan activities surrounding the 2011 Orlando Magic Playoffs will include the following:
- For Game 1 in the First Round, 20,000 cheer cards presented by Sun Sports and FOX Sports Florida and 5,000 rally rackets will be given away.
- Gina Marie Incandela will sing the National Anthem at the first game of each round.
- Fan Fest on Church Street in front of Amway Center will open three hours prior to tip-off for all home playoff games. Fan Fest will feature the Bacardi Together Block Party with $4 Bacardi specials, $2 beers and $2 hot dogs during happy hour (4:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 16), while other food and beverages will be available for purchase. Come out and enjoy Bacardi’s Blue & White Ignite specialty drink, offered exclusively at the Bacardi Together Block Party, and enjoy the huge fan zone with a tailgate atmosphere that will give fans a reason to arrive early for the festivities. No ticket is required to attend Fan Fest and guests can stay to watch the game on the 16×9 foot HD outdoor television.
- The Blue Zoo presented by MetroPCS is the newest addition to the Amway Center, providing a seating area in the OZONE for the most passionate Magic fans. The only way fans can obtain tickets to the Blue Zoo presented by MetroPCS is by demonstrating how much they love the Orlando Magic. Fans should be geared up with their best Orlando Magic outfits, face paint, hair dye and other fun items ready for their chance to earn their way into the Blue Zoo. Stay tuned to Orlando Magic social media outlets for updates from the Orlando Magic and MetroPCS on how to get into the Blue Zoo!
- This year, the Orlando Magic have created Sixth Man Zones around Orlando to bring the excitement of the 2011 Playoffs to you! Keep an eye out for Magic events such as watch parties, giveaways, social media activities, contests and appearances by Magic Live performers at these Sixth Man Zones. While there, don’t forget to pick up your free playoff items, including car magnets, yard signs and cheer cards, at participating Panera Bread and Cold Stone Creamery locations, while supplies last.
Sixth Man Zones will be located at:
- The Loop in Kissimmee
- Winter Garden Village
- Waterford Lakes
- Park Avenue in Winter Park
- Colonial Town Park in Lake Mary
On Friday, April 15, the following activities will take place:
- The MagicRV built by OrlandoRV will be making a rally route throughout Central Florida from 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m., stopping at each Sixth Man Zone. BE SOCIAL and join Magic Text, presented by T-Mobile, by texting IGNITE to 78828 (message and data rates may apply) or follow the Magic on Facebook and Twitter to learn how you can win playoff tickets.
- At 12:10 p.m., Winter Park’s Mayor Bradley will be making a proclamation in front of Winter Park City Hall at the corner of Park Avenue and Lyman Avenue.
- Orlando-based Barnie’s® Coffee & Tea will celebrate the Orlando Magic’s advance to the playoffs by offering a free cup of Orlando Magic Blend coffee. The free 12oz. cup of Orlando Magic Blend will be available all day on April 15 only at the following Barnie’s locations: Park Avenue, Baldwin Park, Waterford Lakes Town Center, Phillips Crossing and the Altamonte Mall. The coffee is also available in 8oz. packages for sale ($10.99 SRP) at the same locations.
- The Magic will be supporting their partner, Insurance Office of America, in the IOA 5K race benefiting the Track Shack Foundation by hosting the Blue and White water stop. The water stop will feature 30 employees, Magic Dancers and STUFF keeping runners hydrated, while over 55 Magic employees will be participating in the race. Gina Marie Incandela will be singing the National Anthem to start the race.
- For away games, the Orlando Magic will be hosting official watch parties in the Sixth Man Zones. Each watch party will feature a large outdoor screen, giveaways and interactive games. Check orlandomagic.com for official watch party locations.