- Matt Dollinger of Sports Illustrated ranks the Orlando Magic at No. 26 in his latest power rankings: “After a feel-good 2-0 start, the Magic have lost five straight and are in desperate need of an offensive boost. Orlando ranks 26th in points scored per possession and is averaging just 79.8 points on its current slide — all without starters Jameer Nelson (hamstring, groin) and Hedo Turkoglu (hand), who have both been sidelined since the opener, and veteran forward Al Harrington, who has yet to play this season while recovering from knee surgery.”
- If the Magic trade Josh McRoberts, whose $3.1 million salary is expiring, they shouldn’t expect much for him in return unless he’s included in a larger package.
- Orlando looks to snap their five-game losing streak against the Detroit Pistons in tonight’s game.
- Jameer Nelson, who has sat the last six games with a strained groin and hamstring, is a game-time decision against the Pistons.
- John Denton of OrlandoMagic.com: “Nelson said it’s been frustrating to have to sit and watch while the Magic have struggled offensively and struggled to close out games. Nelson wanted to play on Tuesday night against the Knicks, but the training staff and head coach Jacque Vaughn held him out so as to not risk aggravation of the injury that would linger for weeks.”