- How much longer can head coach Jacque Vaughn used the Orlando Magic’s current starting lineup of Nelson-Afflalo-Harkless-Davis-Vucevic? Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post ponders that very question with this revelation: “In 45 minutes together–the third-most minutes of any Magic fivesome this season–the current starting group scores 92.1 points per 100 possessions while allowing 99.7. The latter number isn’t a problem, but the former indicates a serious lack of offensive firepower.”
- Don’t expect a change in the starting lineup in tonight’s game against the Brooklyn Nets, however.
- Matt Dollinger with this money quote in his latest power rankings at Sports Illustrated: “Due to injuries and an offseason overhaul, Orlando is currently boasting more amusement parks than offensive playmakers.”
- The Magic and Nets face off against each other for the third time already this season.
- Noam Schiller makes an appearance at The Brooklyn Game today, previewing tonight’s game between Orlando and Brooklyn.