- Kurt Helin of ProBasketballTalk: “There is no real revenge for Dwight Howard, but that win Sunday night sure tasted good to Magic fans. As it should.”
- Will the Orlando Magic, after winning an emotional game against Dwight Howard and the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday, suffer a letdown in tonight’s game against the Golden State Warriors?
- Marc Stein of ESPN.com: “The Magic would naturally be thrilled if Sunday night’s events at Staples Center plunged the Lakers into some sort of lasting crisis. Yet even if the misery doesn’t last, Central Floridians won’t soon forget the night that Orlando not only beat Dwight’s new crew but exposed his every flaw.”
- Glen Davis had the play of the night in Sunday’s game against the Lakers — blocking Pau Gasol’s dunk attempt in emphatic fashion midway through the third quarter.
- J.J. Redick on Twitter: “Sweet win. That’s for Orlando. On to the next one!”
- Lee Jenkins of Sports Illustrated says Orlando was hell-bent on getting revenge on Howard: “Given all the damage Howard wrought — demanding a trade, undermining a general manager, forcing out a coach — it was not enough for the Magic to simply beat him. They had to humiliate him in the process.”
- Jameer Nelson reflects on the Magic’s win against Howard and the Lakers, noting that the team really wanted to win the game because of what it meant to the city of Orlando and the franchise as a whole.