- In December, the Orlando Magic have owned the top defense in the NBA.
- The Magic earn kudos for handing the Golden State Warriors their lone loss on their six-game East Coast road trip.
- Kurt Helin of ProBasketballTalk: “Don’t tell anyone, but coach Jacque Vaughn has [the Magic] playing really good defense lately. That’s how they beat the Warriors this week when the Heat couldn’t.”
- A look at how J.J. Redick got a wide open layup against the Warriors on Friday.
- Kevin Love, Ricky Rubio (who recently returned from a torn ACL and MCL in his left knee), and the Minnesota Timberwolves face off against Orlando in tonight’s game.
- Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel with a status update on Arron Afflalo: “Afflalo tweaked his right knee in the closing minutes of the Magic’s win Saturday night in Charlotte but returned to the court shortly afterward. Afflalo, the Magic’s leading scorer, hasn’t experienced any setbacks since.”
- Jameer Nelson plays a prank on the Magic rookies.
- Will Orlando try to sign J.J. Redick to a long-term contract?
- More from Robbins, who thinks Redick is pulling a prank of his own: “Call me skeptical, but something tells me that J.J. Redick is perpetrating another prank on the all-too-gullible sports media corps. Redick said today he plans pull a page out of pro rassler Ric Flair’s repertoire and adopt Flair’s signature “wooo!” when he makes key 3-pointers from now on.”