- Marc Stein of ESPN.com: “Jacque Vaughn’s post-Dwight Magic were starting to generate comparisons to the 1999-2000 overachievers who went 41-41 under Doc Rivers with headliners like Ben Wallace and Darrell Armstrong. But they’ll have to be even grittier now after losing Big Baby Davis to a shoulder injury.”
- David Aldridge of NBA.com is the latest scribe to pen a profile on the Orlando Magic’s surprising start.
- In back-to-back losses to the Toronto Raptors and Utah Jazz, it’s become readily apparent that the Magic miss Glen Davis’ presence offensively.
- Davis hopes to return from his sprained left shoulder sooner rather than later.
- Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel reports that Hedo Turkoglu, who hasn’t played since November 2 due to a broken left hand, “is nearing a return to game action.”
- Turnovers proved costly in Orlando’s loss to the Utah Jazz in Sunday’s game.