- Jameer Nelson, who sat out the Orlando Magic’s last two games because of a sore left hip, is expected to start in tonight’s game against the Chicago Bulls.
- Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel with this nugget of information on the eve of the Magic’s matchup against the Bulls: “The Magic will try to avoid their first seven-game losing streak since they lost eight consecutive games Feb. 6-22, 2006.”
- Should Orlando trade for DeMarcus Cousins? Kevin Pelton of ESPN Insider comes up with a trade scenario. However, Robbins reports that the Magic are not interested in Cousins.
- In a time where the corner three-pointer has emerged as the most important shot for a modern-day NBA offense, the Magic rank in the middle of pack among teams that shoot corner threes. Not coincidentally, Orlando is ranked 29th in Offensive Rating.
- David Thorpe of NBA Insider ranks Nikola Vucevic sixth among a list of the top 20 second-year players in the league and sees him as a viable rotation player.