- Video of Glen Davis shooting baskets for the first time since suffering a sprained left shoulder on December 19 against the Washington Wizards.
- Dan Savage of OrlandoMagic.com has more on Davis: “Orlando received some good news on Thursday when Davis stepped on the court following practice and went through a series of shooting, pick-and-pop and dribble-drive drills. […] Although, there’s no exact timetable on his return, it’s expected that Davis is still a few weeks away from being back in the Magic’s lineup.”
- Bradford Doolittle of ESPN Insider: “Guess who is the NBA’s newest rebounding superstar? It’s Nikola Vucevic, who entered the season as the second-best center named Nikola in the league. That’s probably still the case as Minnesota’s Nikola Pekovic is really good, but it’s Vucevic who led the NBA in total rebounds during December. Vucevic grabbed 29 boards against Miami on New Year’s Eve, which is five more than any other player has had in a game this season.”
- Josh McRoberts continues to underachieve.
- Will J.J. Redick be traded at the deadline? Will the Magic unload talent? These are some storylines to keep an eye on as February 21 looms closer.
- Despite having a chance to tie or win the game on the final possession after trailing by as many as 18 points, Orlando came up just short against the Chicago Bulls in Wednesday’s game.