- Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel: “The Orlando Magic won’t attempt to convince Dwight Howard to rejoin their team when Howard becomes a free agent in July, an NBA source with knowledge of the Magic’s thinking told the Orlando Sentinel.”
- Since Glen Davis sprained his left shoulder on December 19 against the Washington Wizards, the Orlando Magic’s defense has regressed and offense has improved. Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post thinks there’s a correlation.
- Matt Dollinger of Sports Illustrated: “The return of Hedo Turkoglu hasn’t been able to wake the Magic’s offense from its slumber. Orlando has lost seven straight games, eclipsing 100 points just once. Turkoglu will need to step up quickly after averaging just 5.7 points in three games since returning from a broken wrist. The Magic’s offense is producing just 101.4 points per 100 possessions, third worst in the league.”
- According to a report, the Minnesota Timberwolves are interested in acquiring J.J. Redick by the trade deadline.
- John Denton of OrlandoMagic.com on head coach Jacque Vaughn’s calm demeanor: “There is a method to the, well, lack of madness, Vaughn said. He believes that players respond best to positivity, honesty and fairness, while also driving them hard and holding them to high standards.”
- A note on Nikola Vucevic’s 20-20 game against the Miami Heat on New Year’s Eve.