- The Orlando Magic earn “Team of the Weak” honors from David Aldridge of NBA.com: “The Magic’s flirtation with .500 has come back to earth with an eight-game losing streak, almost directly in correlation with Glen Davis’ absence following a shoulder injury. But Orlando has competed almost every night, as exemplified by Nicola Vucevic’s 20-point, 29-rebound night in an overtime loss to Miami.”
- John Schuhmann of NBA.com: “The Magic are now 0-8 without Glen Davis and still playing some awful defense, allowing more than 113 points per 100 possessions in the eight games. But they went down to the wire against the Heat, Bulls and Knicks last week. Nikola Vucevic totaled a ridiculous 59 rebounds in those three games, mastering the art of tipping the ball to himself. He’s now averaging a double-double.”
- Jameer Nelson is two assists shy of breaking Scott Skiles’ record for total assists in Magic franchise history.
- According to Hollinger’s NBA Playoff Odds, Orlando (12-21) has a 2.2 percent chance of reaching the postseason. Kevin Pelton of ESPN Insider says a playoff run is unlikely.
- The Magic have fallen to No. 29 in ESPN.com’s Marc Stein’s latest power rankings, though that didn’t stop him from praising Nikola Vucevic for his recent play.
- An eye-catching stat from Rob Mahoney of The Point Forward: “[L]eading all nominal guards in offensive rebounding percentage is 19-year-old Magic rookie Moe Harkless — whom Jacque Vaughn recently parked on the bench with a pair of DNP-CDs.”