- Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports: “The Magic have dropped six straight and have only won twice in January. There isn’t much hope for optimism ahead with upcoming road games against New York, Boston, Milwaukee and Philadelphia.”
- Kyle O’Quinn threw a pass directly at Andray Blatche’s face in last night’s game between the Orlando Magic and Brooklyn Nets.
- The Nets led by as much as 26 points in their 97-77 win yesterday against the Magic.
- Video of Glen Davis cradling Gerald Wallace like a big baby.
- Zach Lowe of Grantland with praise for the Magic broadcasting duo of David Steele and Matt Guokas: “Right up there with Brooklyn’s group as perhaps the very best on your League Pass dial. David Steele is evenhanded on play-by-play, and you can tell Matt Guokas devours every piece of NBA material he can find — lineup data, local coverage, blog posts from all over the Internet, and lots of other stuff. The facts Guokas brings up aren’t the inane talking points other crews spout. In a landscape of mute-worthy homers, we must acknowledge the great work of those trying to bring information over fluff and noise.”
- Arron Afflalo has been one of the best midrange jumpshooters in the NBA this season. Ironic, given that his shot selection has come under question for not taking enough corner threes.
- Davis, who has gotten a technical foul in each of Orlando’s last four games, vows to keep quiet from now on and not say anything to the officials.