- Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel: “Glen Davis will undergo surgery on Friday to repair a fractured fifth metatarsal in his left foot, and Orlando Magic officials expect him to miss eight to 12 weeks, leaving his return by the end of the season in serious doubt.”
- Jameer Nelson is a master of the trick shot.
- Kelly Dwyer of Ball Don’t Lie reacts to news that Glen Davis may miss the rest of the season with a fractured left foot.
- Ben Golliver of The Point Forward breaks down the repercussions of Davis’ injury: “The Magic sit in 12th place in the Eastern Conference with a 14-31 record. The loss to the Knicks marked their seventh consecutive defeat during what has been Year One of a rebuilding season following the blockbuster trade of All-Star center Dwight Howard last summer. There are still 11 full weeks until Orlando’s final regular-season game of the season. Of course, given their positioning relative to the playoff picture, there’s no reason to rush Davis back into the lineup for meaningless games down the stretch.”
- With Davis out for the foreseeable future, more playing time could be on the horizon for Andrew Nicholson.
- Despite standout performances from Nelson and J.J. Redick, the Magic lost to the New York Knicks in last night’s game.
- Video of Davis’ fracturing his left foot after stepping on Iman Shumpert’s foot while running up the court.
- With Davis potentially out with a season-ending injury and the Magic having lost 18 of their last 20 games, Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel says it’s time for Orlando to focus on developing players for the future.
- Amin Elhassan of ESPN Insider: “One of the less heralded pieces of the Dwight Howard trade, Vucevic has quietly emerged as one of the most productive young centers in the league after not playing much in his rookie year in Philadelphia. He’s an elite rebounder on both ends, checking at No. 6 in DRB (27.1) and No. 20 in ORB (12.2). He’s one of only 10 players in the league averaging a double-double.”
With Glenn Davis out for season and Rondo out for Boston - Would Magic consider trading Nelson for Sollinger and possible picks?