- The Orlando Magic are on pace to break an NBA record for free-throw futility. Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post has more: “The Magic’s 78.7-percent mark on foul shots ranked fifth in the 2012/13 season through Wednesday’s games, but accuracy isn’t the problem for Orlando. Not anymore, anyway. No, the real problem is that the Magic don’t draw fouls. Through Wednesday, the Magic’s average of 16 free-throw attempts per game ranked last in the league. Not just for the season, but ever. Prior to 2012/13, no team in the history of the NBA had ever averaged fewer than 18 free-throw attempts. Orlando is one of two teams–the Philadelphia 76ers are the other–now under that threshold.”
- The Magic are 1-10 without Glen Davis this season.
- Al Harrington, who has yet to play a game this season as he recovers from knee surgery, says he’s close to returning.
- Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel has additional details on Harrington’s road to recovery.
- More from Robbins: “Arron Afflalo didn’t participate in the Orlando Magic’s shootaround this morning at TD Garden because of his strained left calf, and he’s unlikely to play when the team faces the Boston Celtics tonight.”