- The Orlando Magic are going to be without Jameer Nelson, J.J. Redick, Arron Afflalo, and DeQuan Jones for tonight’s game against the Philadelphia 76ers.
- John Schuhmann of NBA.com: “The Magic have lost nine straight and are now 1-12 without Glen Davis, who is out for the season after breaking his foot on Wednesday. Jameer Nelson (they’re 1-9 without him) and Arron Afflalo (0-4 without him) are also banged up. And it might be time again to mention how bad they’ve been defensively, allowing a league-worst 112.6 points per 100 possessions in 2013.”
- The Magic earn “Team of the Weak” honors from David Aldridge of NBA.com. This is starting to become a bit of a recurring theme.
- Orlando ranks dead-last in Marc Stein’s latest power rankings for ESPN.com.
- Expect a number of Magic rookies to get extended playing time against the Sixers.
- Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel with a fun fact: “Orlando is attempting 16.0 free-throw attempts per game. Philadelphia is shooting 16.9 foul shots per game. If the teams continue at their current paces, they’d obliterate the all-time league record for the fewest foul shots per game over an entire season. The 2005-06 Phoenix Suns hold the record, attempting 18.0 foul shots per game.”
- Hypothetical trade scenarios involving Redick.