- John Schuhmann of NBA.com: “Last week, we kind of downplayed Tobias Harris’ solid Orlando debut. And then he went and shot 27-for-36 (5-for-9 from 3-point range) in his next three games, averaging 22.0 points and 7.7 rebounds.”
- Al Harrington, fully recovered from a staph infection in his right knee, has emerged as the backup center for the Orlando Magic. Kyle O’Quinn’s playing time has diminished as a result.
- Nikola Vucevic’s production has tailed off as of late. Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post takes a look at a few reasons why that is.
- Vucevic is third in the NBA with 33 double-doubles this season after having just two with the Philadelphia 76ers last season (via Marc Stein of ESPN.com).
- This year’s draft will be Orlando’s most important one since 2004.
- On Sunday, the Memphis Grizzlies jumped out to an 18-6 run in the first quarter against the Magic and never looked back, coming away with an easy 108-82 victory.