- Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports: “Despite the Magic’s horrible season with Dwight Howard gone, the franchise was wise not to trade for Andrew Bynum. They found a gem when they acquired center Nikola Vucevic from Philadelphia. Poor Sixers.”
- Zach Lowe of Grantland: “The Magic are bad, but they are surprisingly watchable for an NBA junkie curious about some intriguing and positionally ambiguous young parts. Tobias Harris has done well in extended minutes, combining a power game with a decent 3-point stroke, and Moe Harkless looks like he’s going to be a nice two-way slasher. Pairing that duo with Al Harrington in a funky and smallish front line, with Harrington playing center, makes for some enjoyable (and risky) ball, and replacing Harrington with a traditional center in Nikola Vucevic only ups the “interesting young guy” quotient. Give these guys a watch.”
- The Indiana Pacers should have little trouble with the Orlando Magic in tonight’s game.
- The Magic are hoping to take advantage of the tired Pacers, who are playing their fourth game in five nights.
- General manager Rob Hennigan made the right decision by passing on the chance to acquire Andrew Bynum in the Dwight Howard blockbuster trade: “The Philadelphia 76ers, the hard-luck recipients of Bynum and his balky knees, announced on Monday that the 7-footer would be having season-ending surgery on not one, but both knees. If you’re scoring at home, that’s zero games played, $16.5 million paid out, several dozen questionable hairdos along the sidelines, zero cartilage, mountains of Philly fan angst and two 60-year-old knees in a 25-year-old body.”