- Matt Dollinger of Sports Illustrated: “Although the Bucks have benefited from the addition of J.J. Redick, the deadline deal that landed him in Milwaukee may one day be known as the “Tobias Harris trade.” After averaging less than five points and 12 minutes per game in Milwaukee, the second-year forward has averaged 15.8 points, 7.7 rebounds and 1.4 blocks in 17 games in Orlando. He’s started the last 10 games for the Magic and could be a fixture in their starting lineup for years to come if the last few weeks are any indication.”
- The Orlando Magic are trying to move past the Charlotte Bobcats for the worst record in the NBA. Oh, the joys of tanking.
- As the 2013 NBA Draft nears, Hardwood Paroxysm conducts a roundtable discussion and discusses which player from this year’s draft class is the best fit for the Magic.
- Nikola Vucevic is making progress in his recovery from a concussion he suffered against the Indiana Pacers on March 19.
- John Denton of OrlandoMagic.com: “Orlando Magic coach Jacque Vaughn is convinced that, in time, his squad’s young players will be better for having gone through some of the struggles of this season. That’s one reason why Vaughn isn’t fearful of getting players out of their comfort zones on the basketball court. He hasn’t hesitated using players at various unnatural positions and he’s pushed them beyond their normal minutes limits to see how they will respond to different challenges. Again, Vaughn knows that this time will prove beneficial to the Magic down the line.”
It's funny that all those guys at HP picked Marcus Smart enthusiastically for us because I don't know a single Magic fan or blog writer who wants him. I don't really watch college ball so I have no opinion on this.