- Will the Orlando Magic finish with the NBA’s worst record? The answer seems to be yes.
- The Magic are dead-last in Marc Stein’s Power Rankings for this week. Again.
- In a recent article, Forbes listed Arron Afflalo as one of the most overpaid players in the league. Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped contends that Afflalo isn’t overpaid, but overworked and being asked to do too many things on the court for Orlando.
- Kurt Helin of ProBasketballTalk has had a hard time watching the Magic’s offense lately.
- Shaq and Penny: one of the best duos in NBA history.
- Andrew Unterberger of The Basketball Jones on Orlando retiring No. 6 for the fans: “Suuuuper lame when you’re guessing retired jerseys and you’ve exhausted all the obvious Magic guesses, until you’re forced to contemplate a universe in which a franchise retired the jersey of Terry Catledge or Darrell Armstrong for some reason.”
- Are Tobias Harris and Maurice Harkless stat-padding?
- John Schuhmann of NBA.com: “The Magic have held four of their last five opponents under a point per possession, which is pretty amazing. They haven’t won any of those games, but why be picky? Offense (92.5 points scored per 100 possessions in that stretch) is obviously the problem and Tobias Harris might want to stay inside the arc. He has five double-doubles in his last six games, but has missed 17 of his last 18 3-point attempts.”