- Dan Devine of Ball Don’t Lie: “Magic center Nikola Vucevic finished with 30 points, 20 rebounds, five assists and two blocks, which made him one of four players to post a 30-20 this season (joining Joakim Noah, Zach Randolph and DeMarcus Cousins) and gave him four 20-20 games this year, two more than anyone else in the league (Noah’s got two). [...] And in addition to sending the game to OT, Haris finished with 30 points on 13 for 20 shooting, 19 rebounds and five assists, joining Shaq as just the second player since ’85 to go for 30 and 19 before his 21st birthday.”
- Nikola Vucevic places third in Chris Broussard’s ballot for Most Improved Player at ESPN Insider.
- Tobias Harris gets a star from Kurt Helin of ProBasketballTalk for his 30-point, 19-rebound, 5-assist performance against his former team last night. The 30 points tied a career-high and the 19 rebounds were a new career-high.
- Vucevic and Harris were standout performers against the Milwaukee Bucks.
- John Denton of OrlandoMagic.com on Doron Lamb’s performance against the Bucks: “Not only did he score 16 points and pump in four 3-pointers, he had five straight points in overtime that broke open a two-point game and all but secured the victory for the Magic.”
- Rob Mahoney of The Point Forward lists the Magic as one of the biggest surprises this season: “Magic GM Rob Hennigan is way ahead of the game. Orlando’s trade return for Dwight Howard may have seemed meager at the time, but Nikola Vucevic has blossomed into the NBA’s No. 2 rebounder (11.9 per game to go with 12.9 points), Maurice Harkless is already a useful player with plenty of room to grow and Arron Afflalo has used his new circumstances to expand his offensive game. Orlando still doesn’t have a centerpiece player on a rookie-scale deal, but that’s nonetheless a really solid haul and the Magic have three first-round picks from the deal and plenty of developmental opportunities to come.”