- Amin Elhassan of ESPN Insider suggests the Orlando Magic select Trey Burke with the No. 2 pick in the 2013 NBA Draft: “I wrote about how Burke’s skill set fits with Orlando’s needs a month ago and praised his ability to penetrate and create scoring opportunities for his teammates. Despite his small size, he is adept at finishing through contact.”
- Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated thinks the Magic should take Ben McLemore: “Incumbent shooting guard Arron Afflalo has three years and $23 million left on his contract, but it will be difficult for the Magic to pass on McLemore, a Ray Allen-type shooter with superior athleticism.”
- Prospect profiles at Orlando Pinstriped Post of C.J. McCollum, Myck Kabongo, Isaiah Canaan, Peyton Siva, and Phil Pressey — all point guards.
- Chad Ford of ESPN.com says Victor Oladipo is also an option for the Magic: “He’s a possibility. We have them taking Trey Burke in our Mock primarily based on need. But I’m telling everyone that will listen — Oladipo is the guy that GMs love in this draft. May be the only one. I’ve talked to 14 or 15 who tell me he’s their favorite player. Almost zero downside and still significant upside.”
- Magic brass have confidence that general manager Rob Hennigan will make the right choice with the No. 2 pick.
- Trey Burke to Orlando? Dennis Velasco of The Basketball Jones thinks so: “Burke would inherit the position currently held by Jameer Nelson, who has a year left on his contract with a team option the following year. Burke has high-grade intangibles and leadership ability, can hit the J, create for others and would be an excellent young player to add to the Magic core.”