- ProBasketballTalk unveils its season preview of the Orlando Magic.
- Dan Devine of Ball Don’t Lie on Maxiell possibly wearing goggles this season: “We don’t yet know if Grant approves of this move, but we can be certain that it will get a lot more people to remember one of the better power forwards of his era, as well as a key figure in the NBA Jam halftime report. With the Magic looking like a lottery team yet again this season, a little nostalgia won’t hurt the experience.”
- Needless to say, the possibility of Jason Maxiell wearing goggles ala Horace Grant really is grabbing the attention of the national media.
- Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post interviews Mickell Gladness — a Magic training camp invitee that’s trying to make the roster.
- David Thorpe of ESPN Insider is bullish on Tobias Harris improving his #NBArank of No. 126.
- Speaking of #NBArank, every player for the Orlando Magic has been ranked, with Nikola Vucevic leading the pack at No. 97. Harris, by the way, made the biggest leap out of all the Magic players, jumping up 240 spots from last year.
- Arron Afflalo isn’t worried about trade rumors.
- John Denton of OrlandoMagic.com details how the Magic’s young core is meshing with the veterans on the roster.