- Rob Mahoney of The Point Forward sees Jameer Nelson as a prime trade target this season: “Orlando’s roster teardown is well underway, but Nelson remains as a vestige of the Howard era. The 31-year-old point guard would do much more good for a more competitive team, and with just a quarter of his salary guaranteed next season, he could be an interesting trade chip.”
- Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post: “The Orlando Magic will wind down training camp Monday with a morning session. Their first preseason game is set for Wednesday against the New Orleans Pelicans in Jacksonville. Coach Jacque Vaughn said Monday before Orlando’s practice that he doesn’t anticipate heavily using his veterans in the preseason opener.”
- Is Victor Oladipo the favorite to win Rookie of the Year honors?
- Arron Afflalo is hoping to become a more efficient player offensively for the Orlando Magic.
- Nikola Vucevic is no longer a secret around the NBA.
- Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel shares this tidbit: “The Magic’s starting lineup for the regular season is expected to be Nelson at point guard; Arron Afflalo at shooting guard: Maurice Harkless at small forward; Tobias Harris at power forward; and Nik Vucevic at center.”
- Ronnie Price understands he’s been brought in to mentor the young players on the Magic’s roster, and it’s something he’s willing to do for the better of the team.