- Dwight Howard lets it be known, in advance of Wednesday’s preseason game between the Orlando Magic and Houston Rockets, that he’s disappointed that the Magic have allowed Tobias Harris to wear No. 12.
- In that same link, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel has the backstory behind Harris’ number choice: “Howard likely didn’t know, and perhaps still doesn’t know, that Harris wanted to wear No. 12 as a tribute to a close friend who had died of leukemia at 17 years old.”
- Ronnie Price is nursing minor injuries, including a sore hamstring, which will prevent him from playing in front of his friends and family on Wednesday. Price grew up near Houston.
- Victor Oladipo loves playing at Amway Center already.
- Josh Cohen of OrlandoMagic.com: “With everything we know now about Dwight Howard after he decided to bolt Los Angeles for Houston this past summer, it really makes you wonder; does he regret requesting out of Orlando, does he wish he handled the process differently, would he have gone a different path?”
- Howard sees a lot of similarities between the Rockets’ current roster and the 2009 Magic squad that went to the NBA Finals.
- Even though he’s on the proverbial trading block, Jameer Nelson is committed to helping the Magic through their rebuilding phase by mentoring the young players like Oladipo.