- According to NBA GMs, Victor Oladipo is the runaway favorite to win the Rookie of the Year award.
- Kurt Helin of ProBasketballTalk with a prediction: “When this season ends Glen Davis is going to be playing for someone other than Orlando. There are no sure things in the NBA, I could be wrong, but if I were Davis I would keep a “go bag” packed and ready near the front door.”
- Tyler Lashbrook of Orlando Pinstriped suggests the Orlando Magic should start Andrew Nicholson, not Tobias Harris, at power forward. His two reasons: 1.) it allows head coach Jacque Vaughn to pair Oladipo with Harris with the second unit, and 2.) allows them both the chance to finish games together in crunch time.
- General managers expect greatness from Oladipo, both now and in the future.
- Glen Davis, who is currently recovering from a surgically repaired left foot, is trying to get his playing weight under 300 pounds to lessen the stress on his knee, ankle, and feet.