- Tom Haberstroh of ESPN Insider thinks Arron Afflalo is deserving of an All-Star nod: “‘Spellcheck’ could be warming this seat for incumbent starter Dwyane Wade, but the Orlando 2-guard’s production has been absolutely stellar so far this season. Put it this way: Wade and Afflalo have nearly identical PERs but Afflalo has sustained that level for 300 more minutes than Wade. That’s no small thing. Afflalo’s scoring 21.6 points per game thanks to lights-out shooting from deep (43.6 percent) along with a career-high 18.9 percent assist rate. Unlike Wade, Afflalo’s a super conservative defender, but his body of work has been more impressive than Wade’s. Wade will almost certainly start, but if this was based on merit, Afflalo could be going to New Orleans as a starter.”
- Victor Oladipo trails Michael Carter-Williams in the race for Rookie of the Year in one writer’s ballot.
- Glen Davis gets up-close-and-personal with Fox Sports Florida’s Dante Marchitelli in a post-game interview following the Orlando Magic’s win against the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday.
- Former Magic general manager John Weisbrod gets fired from the Calgary Flames.
- Orlando got a balanced attack offensively in their win over the Bobcats.
- A look back at some of Big Baby’s funniest moments in a Magic uniform.
- Tobias Harris (ankle) may return to play on Friday against the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- John Denton of OrlandoMagic.com: “If Orlando can get Harris back on the active roster for Friday night, it will be the first game this season in which every player on the roster is healthy and available to play. Glen ‘Big Baby’ Davis has played in half of the Magic’s 22 games after working his way back from two foot surgeries. And Orlando got center Nikola Vucevic back from a sprained ankle on Wednesday in time for their stirring 92-83 defeat of the Charlotte Bobcats.”
- Orlando’s starting lineup of Nelson-Oladipo-Afflalo-Davis-Vucevic is 3-0 this season.