- Zach Harper of CBSSports.com recaps the Orlando Magic’s loss on Monday: Orlando Magic only played six people in the second half as they nearly erased a 24-point halftime deficit. Arron Afflalo had 16 points in the second half alone and they held New York to just 36.8 percent from the field in the final 24 minutes. Just can’t allow such a big lead for the opposition.”
- The Magic nearly erased a 24-point lead against the New York Knicks, but fell short in their comeback attempt.
- Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel reports that the end of Hedo Turkoglu’s tenure with Orlando is near: “After spending training camp, the preseason and the regular season in a purgatory of sorts, Hedo Turkoglu’s period of limbo with the Orlando Magic is nearing a resolution. The veteran small forward can expect to have his situation resolved no later than the close of business on Jan. 7.”
- The NBA is a game of runs and unfortunately for the Magic, they’ve been finding themselves on the wrong end of them lately.
- Tyler Lashbrook of Orlando Pinstriped Post proposes that Orlando should start Tobias Harris at power forward and move Glen Davis to the bench as the team’s back-up center. It’s a well, thought-out argument.
- The Magic are entertaining offers for Jameer Nelson and Davis, but are rebuffing any calls for Arron Afflalo.