- ESPN ran a mock draft lottery with the Orlando Magic selecting Marcus Smart with the No. 4 pick in the 2014 NBA Draft. However, the experts are divided over whether or not Smart is best suited to play alongside Victor Oladipo.
- The Magic snapped a 10-game losing streak with their win over the Boston Celtics on Sunday.
- Orlando is on pace not to appear on national television this season.
- With the Magic officially at the halfway point of the regular season, Orlando Pinstriped Post takes an in-depth look at where the team currently stands.
- Chad Ford of ESPN Insider: “While Victor Oladipo continues to have his moments (like a 35-point performance against the Bulls on Wednesday) and Nikola Vucevic has been good when he’s been healthy, the Magic don’t have a lot of building blocks after that. Expect them to be very active at the trade deadline trying to package away their remaining veterans with some of their younger players who haven’t really worked out.”
- Oladipo’s 35-point barrage against the Chicago Bulls on Wednesday was the most points scored by a rookie this season.
- With the trade deadline steadily approaching, it’ll be interesting to see what type of offers, if any, the Magic will get for veterans like Glen Davis.
- Zach Harper of CBSSports.com with a midseason report on Orlando: “They’re 11-30, which puts them with the second-worst record in the NBA. That’s bad. But it’s not all bad. The Magic are clearly in the process of a rebuild and nothing would be as welcome as Andrew Wiggins or Jabari Parker added to a core of Victor Oladipo and Nikola Vucevic. It would be nice to see this young roster start to take gradual steps forward and win a few games more consistently, but right now for the Magic, losing is still winning.”