- Kurt Helin of ProBasketballTalk tabs Arron Afflalo as an All-Star reserve in the Eastern Conference.
- So does Tom Haberstroh of ESPN Insider. He had this to say about Afflalo: “With Irving voted into the starting lineup, everyone gets moved down a peg on my list. And that puts Afflalo in my wild-card slot. Afflalo was overwhelmed last season as Orlando’s No. 1 scoring option, but holy smokes is he thriving in that role this season. Of the 19 qualified players averaging 20 points per game this season, only LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, Paul George and James Harden can match Afflalo’s true shooting percentage (58.3 percent). Not bad company.”
- For the Orlando Magic, late-game miscues doomed their chances of completing their comeback attempt against the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday.
- The Magic are projected to select Andrew Wiggins with the No. 2 pick in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- Afflalo has earned All-Star consideration. The question is whether or not the East coaches, who tend to reward players on winning teams, will penalize Afflalo for the Magic’s 11-32 record.
- Orlando gets a “C” for their performance versus the Hawks.
- Tobias Harris is trying to be more of a vocal leader.
- Doron Lamb had a breakout game of sorts (13 points on 5-for-6 shooting) against Atlanta, but is disappointed he fouled out in just 19 minutes of playing time.