- John Schuhmann of NBA.com: “To add more pain to the Bucks’ train wreck of a season, Tobias Harris is starting to put up big numbers again. He had 28 points and 20 rebounds in Friday’s win over the Lakers and has averaged 17.7 points (on 50 percent shooting) and 9.7 boards over his last 10 games. In the Rookie of the Year race, Michael Carter-Williams may have Victor Oladipo on numbers, but Oladipo’s still got him on highlights.”
- Arron Afflalo will find out if he makes the All-Star team in the Eastern Conference as a reserve on Thursday.
- As the games go by, Oladipo continues to show glimpses of star potential.
- Kurt Helin of ProBasketballTalk: “After missing the start of the season with an ankle injury Tobias Harris has found his groove again — he’s averaged 17.7 points and 9.7 rebounds his last 10 games. That includes dropping 28 and 20 on the Lakers’ “defense” last week.”
- Slowly but surely, Tobias Harris is returning to form after a slow start to the season.
- Marc Stein of ESPN.com: “The only NBA game on the Super Bowl Sunday schedule sends the Magic into Boston. The same Magic who have lost eight straight road games … and whose 11-52 road record since the start of the 2012-13 season is the league’s worst. Dare I say, it’ll still trump any Super Bowl pregame show.”
- The Orlando Magic could not stop Anthony Davis, who had a monster game and led the New Orleans Pelicans to a 100-92 victory on Sunday.
- Could a backcourt pairing of Marcus Smart-Victor Oladipo be in the Magic’s future?