- John Schuhmann of NBA.com: The Magic have won six of their last seven at home, scoring 107.1 points per 100 possessions, but have lost 15 straight on the road, scoring just 93.6. So when they play in Philadelphia on Wednesday, something has got to give. With Glen Davis gone, Tobias Harris has moved to power forward and totaled 50 points on 17-for-26 shooting (9-for-9 in the restricted area) in two games over the weekend.”
- Buying out Big Baby’s contract will pay dividends for Orlando.
- The Magic are average at home (14-15), but horrendous on the road (3-26).
- What’s the latest tank rank report on Orlando? Chad Ford of ESPN Insider has the goods.
- Victor Oladipo became the first Magic rookie since Penny Hardaway to post multiple 20-point, 10-assist games. Not bad company.
- A list of players that played 20 minutes or less in a Magic uniform.
- Zach Harper of CBSSports.com on Orlando’s oddness: “The Magic have just been confusing this season. They’re just competitive enough while still being fairly overmatched in most games. They didn’t trade away Arron Afflalo and will end up saving a few bucks on Glen Davis with his buyout after not moving him at the deadline. They won three straight games a couple weeks ago with two of those victories happening against the Pacers and Thunder. They’ve followed that up with losing four out of their last five, including losses to the Bucks and Cavs. Their win was an overtime victory over the Knicks.”
- E’Twaun Moore talks about his patented floater and the work he’s put in to make that type of shot with consistency.
- Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel with news on two players expected to sign 10-day contracts with the Magic: “The Magic expect to formally sign 6-foot-6 swingman Adonis Thomas and 7-foot big man Dewayne Dedmon to 10-day deals on Tuesday. The team wanted to wait to sign both players in order to prevent their 10-day clocks from beginning on Monday.”