- Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel: “Harkless has tantalized Magic officials from the moment the team acquired him in Aug. 2012 in the four-team trade that revolved around Dwight Howard. At almost 6-feet-10, Harkless possesses a rare blend of height, long arms and explosiveness that one day could make him a matchup nightmare on both ends of the court. But Harkless is just 20 years old, and he lacks experience. Harkless dislikes hearing his age cited as an excuse, but the fact remains: He’s sometimes too deferential to more seasoned teammates. His deference has diminished in recent weeks, and his increased assertiveness has helped him earn more playing time.”
- Jason Maxiell has been keeping a positive attitude, even though he hasn’t played a game in recent weeks. So why did GM Rob Hennigan sign him? To be a veteran presence in the locker room.
- Are the Magic losing or tanking? What’s the difference?
- The inability to get to the free throw line contributed greatly to Orlando’s loss against the Milwaukee Bucks on Monday.
- “What’s the Magic’s worst loss this season?”
- A look at Scott Howard-Cooper’s 2014 mock draft on NBA.com.
- Is Victor Oladipo now the favorite to win Rookie of the Year?
- Royce Young of CBSSports.com on the Magic’s season up to this point: “I suppose they’re accomplishing their goal, right? Be terrible and get another high lottery pick? Well good job! Since Jan. 1, they’re 9-25, but amazingly, that hasn’t been enough to be worse than the Bucks or 76ers, who out-tanking them. Still some time left, though. They’re just four ahead of the Bucks in the loss column. There’s still time play worse.”