- Marc Stein of ESPN.com: “Among the reasons why I refuse to get all worked up about Philly’s horrific second half and whether that should affect Michael Carter-Williams’ rookie of the year campaign: Victor Oladipo’s Magic have racked up exactly one win since the All-Star break against teams other than Philly. One.”
- Chad Ford of ESPN Insider: “The Magic likely would take Wiggins if they get the No. 1 pick. If not, they’d likely opt for someone who isn’t even playing in the NCAA tournament: Australia’s Dante Exum. Orlando needs a point guard and believes Exum would be great in a backcourt with Victor Oladipo. The Magic also have been a big fan of Oklahoma State’s Marcus Smart.”
- John Schuhmann of NBA.com digs in deeper into the numbers and breaks down the impact that Jameer Nelson has had this season for the Magic.
- Since beating the Oklahoma City Thunder and Indiana Pacers, Orlando has lost 11 of 14.
- A look at Victor Oladipo’s progression this season at both guard positions.
- Zach Harper of CBSSports.com takes a look at how the Magic’s close losses in recent weeks could somehow have a positive impact on Oladipo’s Rookie of the Year chances.
- Orlando has been struggling to get to the free throw line lately. Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel explains the discrepancy: “In their last five games, the Magic attempted just 12.0 free throws per game while their opponents took 27.4 free throws per game. It’s no coincidence the Magic lost all five of those games.”
- More from Robbins: “Despite a sore left ankle, Nik Vucevic is scheduled to join the Orlando Magic when the team leaves Central Florida on Monday for its four-game West Coast road trip, coach Jacque Vaughn said.”
- Oladipo “doesn’t really seem like a star in the making.”