- Matt Dollinger of Sports Illustrated: “With Jameer Nelson sidelined, Victor Oladipo has started at point guard in the Magic’s last three games. The rookie has gone in and out of the starting five all season, but had one of his best games in Sunday’s loss to the Lakers: 21 points (6-of-11 shooting), 10 assists and five rebounds. The only problem? His turnover problems (game-high eight) aren’t going away.”
- Kurt Helin of ProBasketballTalk on the difficulties of the Magic’s remaining schedule: “They have lost nine in a row and what’s brutal is their schedule the rest of the way — they only have two games left against non-playoff teams. With all those losses not sure Victor Oladipo is playing well enough to take the ROY award away from Michael Carter-Williams.”
- Dewayne Dedmon is hoping to stick around with Orlando beyond this season.
- The Magic have their eyes set on Dante Exum in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- Orlando isn’t playing well lately — losers of nine straight — and that could negatively effect Victor Oladipo’s chances at winning the Rookie of the Year award.
- A deeper look at Exum’s potential.
- John Schuhmann of NBA.com: “The Magic play nine of their last 11 games against playoff teams, but aren’t quite playing like a spoiler, having lost nine straight (including three against the Bucks, Jazz and Lakers). Their offense stinks, in part because they don’t get to the free-throw line. They rank last in post-break FTA rate, with Nikola Vucevic having attempted just four freebies in 146 minutes over his last five games.”
- Zach Harper of CBSSports.com: “The Magic have been impressive all season long. They’ve toed the line of competitiveness with no real overwhelming feelings of tanking, even though they never put a team on the floor that can actually dream of making a playoff push, which is fine. They’re in part of their rebuilding plan and hitting it big in this year’s potentially star-heavy draft would put them right on schedule for competing for the playoffs next season. It’s just a matter of managing their assets properly this offseason, in case any advantageous trade opportunities come up.”
- With the Magic officially eliminated from playoff contention following their loss to the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday, Royce Young of CBSSports.com takes an in-depth look at Orlando’s season overall.