Via the Orlando Magic:
- As of Mar. 31, Dwight Howard, the NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week an NBA-high six times this season, ranks in the NBA’s top 10 in scoring, rebounding, blocked shots and FG percentage. If he finishes the season the same way, he would become just the 10th player in NBA history to finish in the top 10 in each of those categories, joining the likes of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Shaquille O’Neal, Tim Duncan, Bob McAdoo, David Robinson, Bob Lanier, Artis Gilmore, Patrick Ewing and Hakeem Olajuwon.
- On Mar. 1 vs. New York, Dwight Howard, at 25 years and 83 days old, became the youngest player in NBA history to amass 7,000 career rebounds. He passed Wilt Chamberlain, who was 26 years and 128 days old when he passed the 7,000 rebound plateau.
- On Mar. 13 @ Phoenix, Dwight Howard, at 25 years and 95 days old, became the fifth-youngest player in NBA history to reach 10,000 career points.
- Dwight Howard has now recorded at least 1,000 rebounds and 100 blocked shots in each of the last six seasons. Since blocked shots were officially tracked in 1973-74, only Moses Malone has done it more (seven seasons).
- On Nov. 18 vs. Phoenix, Orlando’s Dwight Howard played in his 500th career NBA regular season game. According to ESPN.com, Howard became one of only five players in NBA history since blocked shots became an official statistic in 1973-74 to record at least 6,000 rebounds and 1,000 blocked shots (6,310 rebounds/1,071 blocks) at his 500th career outing.
- Dwight Howard recorded a season-high eight blocked shots (Uincluding six in the third quarter, setting a new franchise record for blocks in a quarter) on Nov. 3 vs. Minnesota. That marks the fourth time since the start of the 2008-09 season that Howard has recorded eight-or-more blocked shots in a gameU, including his career-high of 10 blocks on Nov. 12, 2008 @ Oklahoma City. No other player in the NBA has had multiple games of eight-or-more blocks during that same spanU. The team record for most blocks in a game is 15, set by Shaquille O’Neal on Nov. 20, 1993 @ New Jersey.
- Since joining the Magic in 2004-05, Dwight Howard has recorded three-or-more blocks in a game 189 times (27 this season). Orlando is 132-57 (.698) in those outings, including 19-8 this season. The Magic are 194-178 (.522) when he blocks two-or-fewer shots.
- Since 2006-07, Dwight Howard has recorded at least 10 rebounds and two blocked shots in the same game 231 times (including 48 times this season), by far the most in the NBA during that span. Taking it a step further, since 2008-09, Dwight Howard has recorded at least 15 rebounds and five blocked shots in the same game 22 times (six this season). The next closest players are Marcus Camby and Andrew Bogut with six each.